The rain gutters on your home probably don’t cross your mind as long as they are working correctly but neglecting to do regular gutter inspections could eventually lead to costly gutter repair or even replacement. If you are paying attention, there are a few signs that indicate that repairs may soon be necessary.
- Standing Water. If you notice that the gutter or downspout seems to have a blockage that you cannot remove, it may be time for gutter repair.
- Pulling Away from Your Home. Gutters can pull away from your home if the weight of standing rainwater pools in the center instead of draining toward downspouts.
- Rusting Metal. With excessive rainfall, gutters can become rusted and sections may need to be replaced before a break can occur.
- Seam Separation. Weight and stress can cause the gutter seams to separate over time.
- Peeling Paint or Discoloration. Staining on the exterior of your home is a sure sign that your gutter is leaking.
- Rotting Door Jams or Window Sills. The drywall inside your home may eventually become damaged if your window sills and doors have sustained damage due to faulty gutters.
- Soil Erosion. Faulty gutters fail to carry rainwater away from your home and as a result, soil erosion can occur and may even lead to damage to your foundation.
Damage to your gutters can go unnoticed until it is too late if you don’t have them inspected from time to time. If you think that your home could benefit from gutter repair, please give us a call at Foster’s Home Repair/Seamless Gutters, LLC today!